Financial investment is a venture that comes with risks. A lot of people have lost all their savings due to bad decisions and yet some others have made a fortune out of it. All of these are based on chance.
As a Believer in God’s word, having searched the scriptures for insights into the most secure way to invest, I discovered some principles. I have applied these principles for several years and not only have I made good returns on my investment, I also have peace of mind knowing that I’m guided by God’s spirit. In this article, I will make an introduction to these principles.
The five element of Dominion in Finance is based on Genesis 1: 26-29.
Before investing in any company or asset, ensure that these 5 criteria are met:
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” 27 So God created mankind in his own image in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. 28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” 29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.Genesis 1:26-29
- Fruit (Value): To attain dominion, there must be value adding proposition. The Value is in the fruit. This must be measure by the benefit to the stakeholders (people and planet)
- Multiplication (growth and increase): To attain dominion, there must be capacity and potential to multiply the existing value across domain.
- Replenishment (Sustainability and future relevance): It is amazing to see that God desires us to pursue sustainability in our finance. Dominion Finance or investment is one that has a sustainable source. Financial plans that do not put the future into danger is dominion inherent
- Subdue (Influence and Control) To attain dominion, there must be strong ability to influence. We influence people from their value desire. There is dominion for those who strive to be market leaders in the value they deliver. As believers, we are empowered to be influencers in our domain
- Feed (Resource) To attain dominion, there must be reliable sources of strength and resource. Invest only in companies with strong leadership and vision. Dominion requires that we rely and feed on the word. Financial vision requires resource to execute them.
In the next article, I will delve deeper into how to x-ray any asset through God’s lens, using these 5 principles before investing.
– Pastor Austin Osazuwa